Installing ChemDrawUltra 12
You may find it useful to print these instructions before you begin installing the software.
Where to find this software
ChemDraw Ultra 12 may be installed on student, faculty, and staff computers. It is also available on many Science Center Computing Lab computers.
Minimum System Requirements
- PowerPC, 10.4.x PowerPC, 10.4.x Intel, 10.5.x PowerPC, 10.5.x Intel, 10.6 Intel
- Safari 4.x, 5.0, Firefox 3.5, 3.6
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Office 2004 or higher
- Windows 2000 SP4, XP Professional SP3 (32 bit only), Vista 32-bit only (Vista Home/Home Premium are not supported), or Windows 7 32 bit (Professional and Ultimate), Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate & Enterprise 64 bit (NOT supported for BioAssay; see Compatibility page for more details)
- ChemDraw plugin/ActiveX control supports NetscapeŽ 7.x, Firefox 3.x, Chrome 7.0 and Microsoft IE 6.x. and 7.0 (32 bit) 8.0 (32 bit) only. The Chem3D ActiveX control supports IE 6.x and 7.0 (32 bit) 8.0 (32 bit) only
- RAM 512 MB (minimum) 1GB (preferred)
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Office 2000 (Not supported by ChemDraw for Excel and Combi for Excel add-ins or E-Notebook), XP, 2003 and 2007.
- Resolution: 800 x 600 or higher
Sign in to the CambridgeSoft Website
After logging in, locate the Services section on the right side of the page and click the My Site Subscription link.
Locate the Accessing Your Software section and click on the Download Site Subscription Software link.
Read the sections on the next page carefully - the First section contains a link to Windows software, the Second links to Macintosh software.
Click the Click Here to Download Software 1 link in the appropriate section.
After the software begins downloading click the BACK button in your browser.
Locate the Services section on the right side of the page and click on My Downloads. Keep this page open once it loads.
- If you have downloaded ChemDraw in the past, log in to the following site using your previous account. Otherwise, you will need to register with your Wellesley College email account:
- Before installation be sure that your computer meets the system requirements listed above.
- When the download is finsihed, locate the cdu1203.dmg (Mac) or cdu1202.exe (Windows) file and double-click to launch the installer
- In the CambridgeSoft Software Activation window, enter the required information and click Activate over Internet.
- This information can be found in the My Downloads page which you opened earlier
- In the CambridgeSoft ChemDraw Ultra 12.0 Wizard window, click Next > .
- In the License Agreement window, select I accept the terms in this license agreement , and click Next > .
- In the Select Type window, choose the Default setup and click Next > .
- In the Select Features window, click Next > .
- In the Select Features window, select MNova NMR Lite and click Next > (this is optional).
- In the Ready to Install window, click Install.
- In the Installation Complete window, click Finish.
- To run ChemDraw on a Mac:
- Double-click on the ChemDraw Ultra icon in your Applications > CS ChemOffice 2010 folder.
- To run ChemDraw on a PC open your Start Menu and navigate to:
- Start > All Programs > ChemBio Office 2010 > ChemDraw 12.