Where to find this software
ChemDraw Ultra may be installed on student, faculty, and staff computers. It is also available on many Science Center Computing Lab computers.
Minimum System Requirements
ChemBioDraw Ultra - version 13: older operating systems (e.g., Mac OS X 10.7/10.8)
ChemDraw Professional 15: newer operating systems (e.g., Mac OS X 10.9/10.10, Windows 7, 8.1)
Note: Windows 8 does not work with ChemDraw; upgrade to Windows 8.1
For details, see: http://www.cambridgesoft.com/support/DesktopSupport/KnowledgeBase/SystemRequirements/?fid=14
Sign in and get the installer and license number
You should be on the My Account page; click on My Site Subscription under Services to the right
Click on Download Site Subscription Software
Click on the installer that is appropriate for your computer (see Minimum System Requirements above for older vs. newer OS versions) to download
After the installer downloads, find your serial number that matches the version of the software you downloaded above:
- If you have downloaded ChemDraw in the past, log in to the following site using your previous account. Otherwise, you will need to register with your Wellesley College email account:
- If you have ChemBioDraw Ultra version 13, you can use our lab licensing or get your individual serial number from their customer service
- for fastest setup, use the following information: Serial number = 7570623, Registration code = CVTJ-DKQB-3UTU-CDIV-DO
- if you prefer to use your own serial number, contact customer service
- For ChemDraw Pro 15, find your individual licensing information:
- Check your email; if you don't see their message, check your Spam folder
- Eventually in the CambridgeSoft web site above, you will be able to see serial numbers in My Account > My Downloads
- If you do not get the correct serial number, contact
- If you have any problems, please report this to
the Wellesley College Computing Help Desk, including
what computer operating system you use,
which version of ChemDraw you were trying to install, and what problems you are having with their customer service.
- Get the installer (previous section of this documentation).
- When the download is finished, locate the dmg (Mac) or exe (Windows) file and double-click to launch the installer
- In the CambridgeSoft Software Activation window, enter the required information and click Activate over Internet.
- See above for the serial number details you need to activate
- In the CambridgeSoft ChemDraw Ultra Wizard window, click Next > .
- In the License Agreement window, scroll through the agreement and select I accept the terms in this license agreement , and click Next > .
- In the Select Type window, choose the Default setup and click Next > .
- In the Select Features window, click Next > .
- In the Select Features window, select MNova NMR Lite and click Next > (this is optional).
- In the Ready to Install window, click Install.
- In the Installation Complete window, click Finish.
If you get an error launching ChemDraw about Activation, check the number(s) you were using from CambridgeSoft.
If you entered the information correctly but it is not working, contact customer service