Disability Services during Graduation Activities
Students or guests needing accommodations during graduation activities
and Commencement should make requests to Jim Wice, Director of Disability
Services, as soon as possible and no later than May 1, 2004. Below
are some examples of access accommodations commonly requested:
1. A manual wheelchair during Commencement, May 28, 2004. Requested
wheelchairs will be available on the morning of Commencement at the
Davis Museum loading dock. Your family member will need to sign for
the chair at pickup and return it by 4:00 pm. Please be sure to make
your request to Jim Wice by
May 1st to ensure a wheelchair is reserved for you. (Note: To rent
wheelchair privately, you may contact Byrne Home Health Center in Natick
2. Accessible seating access because of a mobility, hearing, seeing,
or health related disability or impairment (up to two family members
and guests will be able to sit with your guest(s) with a disability).
3. Accessible drop-off area at Commencement for guests with disabilities
who are being driven to the ceremony. Accessible parking area for guests
who have mobility impairments and are driving themselves.
4. A sign language interpreter-American Sign Language (ASL) or Signed
5. A large print or Braille commencement program-please make your
request early (by May 1) to allow for production time.
6. A Wellesley College Accessible Routes map that contains accessible
entrance locations and the most level pathways across campus is located
Please note that construction activities related to the Wang Campus
Center, Davis Parking Garage, and Alumnae Valley projects are not
reflected on the map.
Please contact Jim Wice at (781)-283-2434 or by email email@example.com
to request an access accommodation for you or a guest. Also feel free
to call if you have questions about any other disability-related
to Commencement Homepage